Thursday, August 19, 2010

happy 34th birthday...

the 1st thing i said to ben this morning was "they made it".  what good, obedient little ones!  i have to tell you, even though we know today's date (august 19th) is not any more "important" than yesterday's in the grand scheme of things, it just helps us to breathe a little easier knowing that the 34-week milestone has been met.

ben & i got to see our little ones yesterday, and they looked great.  both babies were still measuring approximately a week ahead which is such a wonderful thing to see.  they were weighing the exact same, too, which is such an oddity.  

now, as we have said for the past month....these measurements are NOT exact and NOT 100% on the money.  they are approximates that can differ from their actual weights up to a whole pound.  i say that fact because many people ask each week after our appointments "what do they weigh now?" this question isn't a bad question at all; however, it simply doesn't have a good answer for ben and me to give them.

their biophysical profile scores (breathing, amniotic fluid, heart rates, etc) gave us wonderful results as well.  overall, these twins appear to be doing extremely well.  besides the fact that baby girl parsley appeared to be attempting to pick her nose, both children performed well for their lovely parents and u/s tech.

while the babies need to continue to do exactly what they've been doing, mommy got some different orders.  

on monday & tuesday, i had been having some back issues.  they were cramp-like that couldn't be relieved by tylenol.  i had also been feeling a bit nauseated on top of that.  once we talked to my doctor, he immediately went into how those type of feelings in my back are symptoms of back labor.  he just let us know that by this point in time in the pregnancy timeline of twins, anything on any day is possible.  

"TAKE IT EASY"......."DON'T REALLY DO ANYTHING"......do you get the picture?  i have made it to 34 weeks without a bedrest prescription, which is a huge blessing in and of itself.  i have made it well into the month of august without having to alter my lifestyle too much, except missing out on teaching at the start of the school year, which i have really missed but know it's for the best.  that was until yesterday's visit.  from today on, my home will be my haven.  sitting with feet up, not getting up too much, etc.....that will be my life in order to encourage these babies to hang out in their little homes a wee-bit longer.  i would hang upside down like a bat if i could to encourage gravity to help out!


4 comments:

  1. Hooray on 34 weeks! Such a milestone. Enjoy the house arrest as much as possible. You'll be super-busy soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please let me know how I can help! I would do anything you need, just let
    me know. Again, I am so proud of you! Oh, yeah
    & I love you so much. Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Maggie! You can do it:) Please let me know if you need anything- I am not too far from the 'boro:) And me and the kiddos are always looking for a good reason to get out of the house:)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 34 weeks!!! It is so ecouraging to see your pergnancy going so smoothly. I hope and pray I can go this long and longer too. I voted for "overdue twins". I'm hoping my twins are overdue too although I'm sure there are days coming that I will wish they were here already. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete