naming these little ones was a task for us. i will not lie. you want to like both names equally. you want the names to stand alone and sound "good". you want the names to sound adorable together but yet not "jack and jill" like. you want your husband or wife to love the names just as much as you do. all of these desires make the name game the debacle that it truly is!
so, as for our babes....
- Minnie Margaret
- Minnie was Ben's great grandmother. When Ben & I began dating back in high school, we would see her almost each & every Sunday evening. We would go visit Minnie before we would eat a yummy dinner at his grandmother's house next door. Minnie was a soft-spoken sweet lady he adored. Ben actually lived in Minnie's house for the 4 years he was in law school in nashville. Margaret is after me, of course! Margaret is also my aunt's name as well. There you have it...Minnie Margaret.
- Benjamin Tully
- Benjamin is obviously after daddy. I sure hope this little one takes after his daddy in the brains department! Tully, however, is not a family name. Ben wanted to possibly use a biblical name or one with a christian meaning. When I went to Samford for my freshman year of college, my favorite teacher had a son named Tully. When Ben & I were working on names late this summer, I recalled how much I loved that name and wanted to see if what it "meant". The meaning of "Tully" is living with God's peace and guided by God's will".....needless to say once we found the meaning, we-were-hooked. Benjamin Tully stuck ever since!
Love, love, love their names!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love their names. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteBibby